DevOps Engineer, remote, part-time
Katipult is looking for a driven, passionate individual to grow with an emerging firm, voice their opinion, and demonstrate leadership. We are a dynamic company that will be achieving big things in 2019. If you’re excited to be part of this unique opportunity and join a great team, we want to hear from you!
Katipult is an award-winning software development firm based in Canada. We are looking for a contractor who is a self-directed DevOps able to work part-time on our pipeline and be available to jump in when an outage occurs.
The successful applicant has extensive experience working with AWS APIs and is comfortable with ECS, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, Route53, ACM, SES, CloudFormation and continuous delivery pipelines (we use Jenkins). The chosen applicant will coordinate with Senior Developers of the Katipult product with the aim of achieving a “five nines” uptime scenario.
– Managing releases of our existing Katipult product
– Maintenance and upgrade of Jenkins/ECS continuous delivery pipeline
– Restoring services as quickly as possible in the case of outages
– Ongoing work on the Katipult system to increase stability, security and reporting
– Proficiency with CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, Route53, ACM, SES and Jenkins
– Experience with delivering highly available infrastructure on a contract
– Experience with PHP will be given preference over other programming languages
– Experience with Continuous Integration with various Testing Strategies
– Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
– Solid development experience with modern-day Web Applications.
– Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
– Previous experience working with a team of web developers on a similar size project (we currently have over a dozen developers)
Katipult Technology Stack:
– CakePHP & Laravel
– Nginx & php-fpm
We are progressive, unconventional, and extremely hard working people. We are looking for leaders and people that are easy to work with. If you are up for the challenge and believe you can help our company get to the next level we want to hear from you. Expect a lot of independence, challenging work, and a talented team to support you reach your professional goals!