Front-end React.js/Gatsby.js Developer for Site Rebuild (video interview required)
Seeking a highly competent front-end developer who’s a React.js/Gatsby.js artisan. Candidate will work with a small team on a site rebuild. Prefer to work with dev in North/South American time zones, but open to qualified, professional devs worldwide.
REQUIRED SKILLS (non-negotiable) :
– Will be required to present project in VIDEO INTERVIEW that demonstrates React.js/Gatsby.js competency.
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills, specifically when working with visual designers, front-end devs, back-end devs, project managers
– Git (will be required to push code daily for review)
The project is fresh and new, so you won’t have to wrestle with any legacy code. Designs will be provided by a third party, and the candidate’s role will be to write the React logic to integrate back and front-end. The site will consist of more than a dozen custom pages, plus a few template pages (for blog posts and such).
Project manager will be the company contact to ensure quick response time and tight collaboration. Expectation is that the developer will be available and responsive as well.
We expect you to be highly capable in the following ways :
– Competent with React / Gatsby / Git / HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS / Bootstrap 4
– Have an efficient work process
– Able to quickly write clean, manageable, and readable code
– HTML-React form integration/customization wizard
Although not a requirement, the candidate will be able to work more effectively with the other members of the team if s/he has at least rudimentary knowledge of the back-end technology that will be used, which includes :
– API functionality
The project has already started, so developer will be expected to start immediately after hire. Project duration is estimated at < 3 months. Developer will be expected to be available for 40 hrs/week during this period.
HIRING REQUIREMENTS SUMMARY (non-negotiable)
– VIDEO INTERVIEW is required part of hiring process, "lost", "broken", or "malfunctioning" webcams don't bother applying.
– This interview will include questions from project owner and project manager, and expectation is that you will be prepared to present React/Gatsby code you have written.
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills
– Ability to push code daily for review
In your proposal, please share a brief summary of your experience and :
– example sites where you used the skills we're looking for
– examples of clean code you've written (github/gitlab/personal site)