PHP Developer to Augment Project & Support Staff
We have an immediate need for a full stack web developer with particular emphasis on back-end PHP development to provide support during U.S. business hours and holidays for several PHP based web sites and portals that we have developed and host. Most of our public web sites use SilverStripe (2.4 to 3.6), but we also host a few WordPress sites. Our portals are based on Laravel 5.x and the Kohana platform.
Our core team is offshore, but we need support during U.S. business hours especially during weeks with holidays coming up such as the last week of December and first week of January as our core team’s availability will be limited. We will also assign you project work during this period to both test your skills and provide income. If the engagement is successful, we are open to continuing the relationship through 2020 for both support and working on projects.
1. Able to work during U.S. business hours during the month of December and first half of January for various PHP projects and on an as needed basis (on call)
2. Fluent in English, excellent communication skills in general
3. Individual freelancer – not an agency
4. Expert at back-end PHP development
5. Expert at MySQL DBA
6. Highly skilled at troubleshooting, analyzing new code, identifying causes of faults, etc.
7. Able to respond within 15 – 30 minutes during regular U.S. business hours
Ideal candidates will also possess:
1. IT expertise, particularly with LAMP servers
2. Front-end coding expertise
3. Light weekend and after hours availability in the month of December
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three relevant examples of work. Kindly note that we have other work requirements that we expect candidates to observe by default which we will discuss with you if we move forward with an interview.