Web Developer with Proven WordPress and SEO Background
NO AGENCY — DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE WITH AN AGENCY —–
Do you enjoy building websites that blow people away, and which also perform and drive conversions? Are you able to translate stunning web designs / layouts into functional and stable websites? Are you also comfortable with SEO tactics?
If you’re answer is YES to all the questions, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Web Developer with a proven track-record with Worpress and SEO
If building and maintaining CMS (predominantly WordPress) based websites is what you live and breathe, this is the job for you!
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AS A WORDPRESS WEBSITE DEVELOPER:
• 5+ years WordPress based website development and maintenance experience
• 5+ years’ experience with Cpanel and/or DirectAdmin
• 5+ years’ experience implementing Search Engine Optimization elements
• 3+ years’ experience implementing plugins, Google APIs, event tracking codes and microdata markup on webpages
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES NEEDED AS A WEB FRONT-END DEVELOPER:
• Above average skills with PhP, MySQL, Linux
• Experience in managing and modifying server side configuration and hosting platform capabilities for optimal website speed, up-time and performance
• Have a strong understanding of W3C web design / coding standards
• Basic level skills in image manipulation using Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
You get BROWNIE points if…
• You have experience with building/customizing eCommerce websites using Shopify, LightSpeed, etc.
• You can build a WordPress theme
• You have some working knowledge of open source web servers such as Apache, Nginx
• You have experience in website security and traffic load management
• You have experience with ISPmanager
• You have worked on PHP based frameworks such as Zend, YII, Laravel, Codeigniter
• You can demonstrate an ability to quickly self-learn and problem solve
YOUR WEB DEVELOPMENT WORK WILL INCLUDE:
• Building, updating and maintaining responsive websites
• Work closely with digital strategists, SEO specialists & designers
• Understand client requirements and translate them into proper UX and UI functionality
• Write compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers & screen sizes
• Convert visual PSD concepts into functional websites, landing pages & HTML emails,
• Coding and managing custom MySQL databases and queries
• Configuring & customizing WordPress, WP plug-ins & integrating with other tools
• Create custom shortcodes, widget areas, custom post types within WordPress
• Work with various APIs
• Work with and administer Linux-based serves and manage hosting across multiple hosts
– We prefer applicants who have work experience in a digital agency environment for atleast 3 years*
– You’ll be expected to work with our in-house team in ‘real-time’ during Eastern Time Business Hours. Please don’t apply if you’re not comfortable working during regular Eastern Time Business Hours
All the best !